Sunday 14 July 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1968 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- John Maginnes: Atlanta, Georgia -- Nike golfer (1994 NIKE Texarkana Open-5th).
- Mark Lenz: United States -- 3m spring diver (1992 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Michael Palmer: Singaporean lawyer and politician 8th Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore.
- Brave Hank Aaron hits his 500th HR off SF Giant Mike McCormick
- WSWO TV channel 26 in Springfield, OH (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Houston Astros' Don Wilson strikes-out 18, beats Cincinnati Reds 6-1.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?