Wednesday 14 July 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Devils, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1971 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Nick McCabe: English guitarist (The Verve and Black Submarine).
- Madhu Sapre: Former Indian Model and Miss Universe Contestant.
- Lukman Sardi: Indonesian actor.
- Joey Styles: American wrestling commentator.
- Marie-Chantal Toupin: Canadian singer.
- Howard Webb: English footballer and referee
- Ross Rebagliati: Canadian snowboarder and winner of Canada's first Gold Medal and the first Gold Medal for snowboarding in the 1998 Olympics, a new event admitted in the games.
- Mark LoMonaco (Bubba Ray Dudley): American professional wrestler
- Mark Lomonaco: Wrestler
- Libya severs its diplomatic ties with Morocco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Carly Simon - That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?