Tuesday 14 July 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Rhoades and Milow .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Endless Love, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bellamy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxian 2 or My First Alphabet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1981 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Andrew Rhoades: American accidental death, this young man took a fatal leap from one roof to another of a nearby buiding on November 26, 2005 sometime just after 8 AM EST in Brighton, MA.
- Milow : Belgian singer-songwriter.
- Trevor Fehrman: American actor.
- Robbie Maddison: Australian motorcycle racer.
- Lee Mead: English actor and singer.
- US Senate confirms Donna Pope as US Mint director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?