Saturday 14 July 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Death Proof, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 July 2007 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 July
- Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gül asked the US for an explanation of alleged delivery of weapons to the PKK terrorist group. Gül said that ties with Turkey-US would collapse if arms to PKK claims confirmed. (PressTV)
- Waziristan conflict (July 2007-present): At least 24 Pakistani soldiers are killed by a suicide attack by militants on a convoy in Waziristan near the Afghanistan border. (AP via Edmonton Sun)
- Ten Sri Lankan soldiers die in fighting the Tamil Tigers in the Vavuniya district of northern Sri Lanka. (AP via Washington Post)
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles settles sexual abuse claims against its clergy at a cost of $ 600 million. (Fox News)
- Iranian state radio reports that a South Korean flagged ship has sunk in the Sea of Oman off the coast of Iran with 13 crew members missing. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- A shipment of fuel oil arrives in North Korea as part of an agreement to end its nuclear program. International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors are monitoring the shutdown of the Yongbyon reactor. North Korea later advises that it has shut the reactor down. (AP via Jerusalem Post)
- The Australian Federal Police charge Dr. Mohamed Haneef with ampquotproviding support to a terrorist organizationampquot in relation to the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack and the 2007 London car bombs. (BBC)
- The Royal Malaysian Police obtain a remand order to hold Nathaniel Tan for four days in connection to an investigation of a violation of section 8 of the Official Secrets Act, which pertains to ampquotwrongful communicationampquot of an official secret. (The Star, Malaysia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?