Tuesday 14 July 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Orphan, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny or Conga Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 July 2009 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 July
- Zbigniew Zapasiewicz: Polish actor (Born 1934).
- Malaysian opposition party PAS wins the Manek Urai by-election against government-led Barisan Nasional. (''The Straits Times'')
- Jerzy Buzek, former Prime Minister of Poland, is elected the 28th President of the European Parliament, succeeding Hans-Gert Pöttering. (AFP)
- The World Health Organization reports that yields for an H1N1 virus vaccine are lower than expected. (CTV)
- July 2009 Ürümqi riots
- China urges Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan to retract his comments of ampquotgenocideampquot in Xinjiang. (Xinhua)
- The Al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb vows to avenge deaths of Uyghurs in the Xinjiang region. (''The Times of India'')
- Two foreign nationals, believed to be French, are kidnapped by gunmen after a hotel is stormed in Mogadishu, Somalia. (CNN)
- 323 people ndash 289 Saudis and 41 foreigners ndash are sentenced at a court in Saudi Arabia for links to anti-government groups. (Al Jazeera)
- Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso survives a vote of no-confidence. (Associated Press)
- Former Liberian President Charles Taylor takes the stand in his own defence at his trial. (IOL)
- 240 people are arrested in a series of riots in France on the eve of the Bastille Day celebrations. (France 24)
- Talks on immigration between the United States and Cuba, suspended since 2003, will resume. (Xinhua)
- The Lithuanian parliament overcomes the President's veto and passes a law which forbids propaganda of homosexual, bisexual and polygamous relations, in order to protect minors from detriment to their development. At the same time the law forbids any mocking and defiance on the basis of sexual orientation. (Washington Post)
- Canada imposes visa requirements to come into effect on July 14 on travellers from Mexico and the Czech Republic after a big jump in refugee claims from these two countries. (BBC)
- An Egyptian civil servant is jailed for three years for insulting President Hosni Mubarak in a poem. (BBC)
- The 11th Micronesian Chief Executives’ Summit (MCES) of Micronesian leaders opens in Majuro, Marshall Islands. (Pacific News Center)
- Judy Chu wins the 32nd congressional district special election, becoming the first Chinese American woman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. (Los Angeles Times)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 July 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Linkin Park - New Divide
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?