Wednesday 14 July 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 July 2010 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 July
- The corpse of senior Rwandan opposition politician Andre Kagwa Rwisereka, who was recently reported missing, is found near his car with the head almost entirely severed off. (BBC)
- Israeli warships force the Gaza-bound aid ship ''Amalthea'' to change course to El Arish port in Egypt. (BBC)
- More than 60 people are hospitalised after a suspected chlorine gas leak in Mumbai. (''The Independent'')
- The United States discusses the arrest of Bradley Manning, accused of providing secret information about US military corruption to Wikileaks. (BBC)
- India's Home Secretary G. K. Pillai states Pakistan's intelligence agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) co-ordinated the 2008 Mumbai attacks. (Deutsche Welle)
- Former Balochistan senator Habib Jalib is shot dead outside his home in Quetta, leading to riots and widespread mourning. (Xinhua)
- Senior Indian Army officer Major A. K. Thinge is killed in battle in Kashmir. (''People's Daily'')
- Romanian pop singer Mădălina Manole commits suicide by poisoning. (Mediafax)
- The Zutons frontman Dave McCabe denies breaking a man's nose by headbutting him outside a nightclub in Liverpool. (''Oxford Mail'')
- Airline Ryanair is reprimanded by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority for misleading customers with their advertisements for low fares. (BBC)
- Previously secret papers released as a result of civil proceedings brought by six former Guantánamo Bay inmates against MI5 and MI6, the Home Office, the Foreign Office, and the Attorney General's Office reveal the British government was involved in the abduction and torture of its own citizens following the September 11 attacks. (''The Guardian'')
- Tens of thousands take part in a church-sponsored demonstration against same-sex marriage outside Congress in Buenos Aires, as senators prepare to vote on a bill which would make Argentina the first South American country to legalize same-sex marriage. (BBC)
- German prosecutors raid 13 branches of Credit Suisse while probing tax fraud. (BBC)
- Venezuela extradites Colombian Carlos Alberto Renteria to the United States: the US claims he is a major drug cartel leader. (Reuters)
- Former Prime Minister of Bulgaria Sergei Stanishev is charged with mishandling classified documents: he calls the charges ampquotpolitically motivatedampquot. (BBC)
- Former Colombian politician and hostage Íngrid Betancourt drops her lawsuit against the state. (BBC)
- The man accused of murdering aid worker Margaret Hassan in Iraq in 2004 disappears before his retrial. (''The Independent'')
- Sri Lankan police file a new case against Sarath Fonseka accusing him of employing military deserters. (Aljazeera)
- A new text service to report hate speech and to be monitored by the National Cohesion and Integration Commission is launched in Kenya ahead of the upcoming referendum on a new constitution. (BBC)
- Police find 48 kilograms of illegal cannabis in Launceston and charge two men, after a week-long operation in one of the largest seizures of the drug in Tasmanian history. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?