Saturday 14 July 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Dark Knight Rises, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Farouk Omar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Diabolik Lovers or Pac-Man Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 14 July 2012 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 July
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian uprising (2011-present):
- A suicide bomber blows up his car in a central Syrian town, Mhardeh, killing three civilians and one security officer. (AP via ABC)
- Hundreds of Syrian soldiers, along with helicopter gunships, attack Khirbet Ghazaleh in the Daraa province. (AFP via ''Arab News'')
- United Nations observers say the assault on the village of Tremseh targeted army defectors and opposition activists. (Al Jazeera)
- Bahraini uprising (2011–present):
- Fresh anti-government protests take place in Bahrain, sparking confrontations with riot police. (''Washington Post'')
- A suicide bomber kills 22 people and injures 22 at a wedding reception in northern Afghanistan, including prominent lawmaker Ahmad Khan Samangani who was the father of the bride. (Reuters)
- Ten Turkish policemen are injured by a roadside bomb explosion in Van. (AP via The Sacramento Bee)
- North Caucasus insurgency: The Russian military kill 8 militants, including two regional commanders, in Dagestan and Kabardino-Balkaria. (Reuters)
- The musical ''Chicago'' is to close after a run of 15 years on London's West End, the longest run for a revival in British theatre. (''The Scotsman'')
- Italian and French rescue crews recover the bodies of two climbers on Mont Blanc in the Alps, two days following an avalanche that swept away nine climbers. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- About a quarter of a million people are asked to leave the southern Japanese island of Kyushu after flooding caused by days of heavy rain leaves 20 people dead. (Al Jazeera)
- A surfer is killed by a shark off near Wedge Island, about 160km (100 miles) north of Perth in Australia. (BBC)
- A fire onboard the German container ship ''MSC Flaminia'' forces the crew to abandon ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. (TradeWinds)
- Shipper International Port Corp, with permission from the United States, delivers the first shipment of humanitarian aid to Cuba, the first time in 50 years. (Al Jazeera)
- The US' 15th most wanted fugitive, Vincent Walters, is apprehended in Cancún, Mexico. (NBC San Diego)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?