Saturday 14 June 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1919 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Sam Wanamaker: American actor, he was the primary visionary and fund-raiser for the reconstruction of the Globe Theatre in London built according to the specifications in Shakespeare's day, with the same construction techniques.
- Gene Barry: American actor (d. 2009).
- 1st nonstop air crossing of Atlantic (Alcock & Brown) leaves Nfld
- John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown depart St. John's, Newfoundland on the first nonstop transatlantic flight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?