Wednesday 14 June 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1950 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Jeremy Sinden: Actor (Chariots of Fire, Ascendancy, Harem).
- Rowan Williams: Rowan Williams was the 104th Archbishop of Canterbury, Metropolitan of the Province of Canterbury and Primate of All England, offices he held from December 2002 to December 2012, and was previously Bishop of Monmouth and Archbishop of Wales, making him the first Archbishop of Canterbury in modern times not to be appointed from within the Church of England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?