Thursday 14 June 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1951 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Paul Boateng: English lawyer and politician British High Commissioner to South Africa.
- Hendrik Baels: Belgian politician, dies at 73.
- 1st commercial computer, UNIVAC 1, enters service at Census Bureau
- First commercial computer, Reminton Rand UNIVAC 1, enters service at US Census Bureau in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm In Love Again - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?