Monday 14 June 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Man with a Million, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1954 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Will Patton in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; actor (No Way Out, Ballzaire the Cajun).
- Ethel Krauze: Mexican writer and television presenter.
- Gianna Nannini: Italian singer-songwriter and pop musician.
- Francesco Rutelli: Italian politician, a very popular two-time mayor of Rome.
- Cyrus Vance: Vance is an American trial lawyer.
- Will Patton: American actor
- President Eisenhower signs order adding words under God to the Pledge
- US President Dwight Eisenhower signs order adding words "under God" to the Pledge.
- The words quotunder Godquot are added to the United States Pledge of Allegiance.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?