Thursday 14 June 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Funk and King Diamond.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1956 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Frederick Funk: Takoma Park, Maryland -- PGA golfer (1992 Shell Houston Open).
- King Diamond: Danish singer (, Mercyful Fate).
- Régis Marcon: French chef, honoured with three stars by the Guide Michelin since 2005 and Maître Restaurateur.
- Val Valentino: Magician.
- Diamond : Danish singer-songwriter and producer (Black Rose Mercyful Fate and Brats).
- Fred Funk: American professional golfer
- Sam Irvin: American director producer and screenwriter
- Gianna Nannini: Italian singer-songwriter
- New Faces of 1956 opens at Barrymore Theater NYC for 221 performances
- The Flag of the United States Army is formally dedicated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?