Wednesday 14 June 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Jackson and Marco Armani.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Parent Trap, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1961 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Grace Jackson: St. Ann, Jamaica -- 200m runner (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Marco Armani: Italian singer-songwriter and composer.
- Paolo Bonolis: Italian television host who made his debut in 1981 on "Tre, due, uno, contatto.
- Boy George: British musician, the lead singer with the rock group "Culture Club.
- Laurent Boutonnat: French record producer who showcases Mylene Farmer in her great production numbers.
- Sam Perkins: American basketball player: forward/center, Supersonics.
- Dušan Kojić: Serbian singer-songwriter and bass player (Disciplina kičme and Disciplin A Kitschme)
- 106 degrees F, hottest temperature in San Francisco, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?