Friday 14 June 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
PT 109, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1963 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Chris DeGarmo: Guitarist (Queensryche-Breaking the Silence).
- James Patrick: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- NHL defenseman (Calgary Flames).
- Laurel Kean: Portland, Maine -- LPGA golfer (1994 JAL Big Apple-17th).
- Mary Johnson: American student, a graduate of Brown University of Boston in 1986.
- Jean-Laurent Casanova: French pediatrician and medical researcher, an investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Stuart Evans: Welsh rugby player
- New York Met Duke Snider hits his 400th HR
- Valery Bykovsky in Vostok 5 orbits earth 81 times in 5 days
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?