Tuesday 14 June 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Blue Max, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1966 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Ricky Siglar: NFL tackle (KC Chiefs, New Orleans Saints).
- Rod Stephens: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Matt Freeman: American musician.
- Traylor Howard: Orlando, Florida -- Actress (Joy Byrnes-Boston Common).
- Eduardo Waghorn: Chilean singer-songwriter.
- Dutch police beat construction workers, 60 injured
- Miami beats St. Petersburg (Florida State League) 4-3 in 29 innings longest uninterrupted game in organized baseball
- The Vatican announces the abolition of the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (index of prohibited books), which was originally instituted in 1557.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?