Thursday 14 June 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Cade and Sam Shade.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warship.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1973 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Michael Cade: New Jersey, United States -- Actor (Sylvester Winkle-California Dreams).
- Sam Shade: NFL strong safety (Cin Bengals).
- Stepfret Williams: Wide receiver (Dallas Cowboys).
- Ceca Raznatovic: Serbian singer.
- Ceca : Folk Singer.
- Sami Kapanen: Vantaa, Finland -- NHL left wing (Whalers, Carolina, Olympics - Bronze - 1998)
- 46th National Spelling Bee: Barrie Trinkle wins spelling vouchsafe
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Elton John - Daniel
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?