Friday 14 June 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1974 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Rod Payne: Corner (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Olivier De Benoist: French humourist of Belgian aristocratic descent.
- Sutan Amrull: Reality Star.
- Jang Jin-young: South Korean actress (Born 1974).
- Joshua Radin: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Phillip Rhys: English actor and director
- Knud Christian Jeppesen: Composer, dies at 81.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?