Thursday 14 June 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
1408, directed by Mikael Hfstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2007 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- A U.S. federal jury convicts former Klansman James Ford Seale of kidnapping and conspiracy in connection with the 1964 deaths of two African-American teenagers in Mississippi. (AP via USA Today)
- ''Fatah-Hamas conflict:''
- Hamas claims full control of Palestinian Authority security agencies on the Gaza Strip. (CNN)
- Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestinian National Authority, dissolves the Unity Cabinet and declares a state of emergency. (AFP/Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Golf's U.S. Open begins at Oakmont Country Club in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. (ESPN)
- Music producer and alleged con artist Lou Pearlman is arrested in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia and deported to the United States territory of Guam. He is accused of defrauding over 1,800 individual investors out of a total of $317-million. He will eventually be returned to Florida to face criminal charges and a growing list of civil litigation. (Orlando Sentinel)
- Entertainer Michael Barrymore is arrested in the UK along with two others over the murder of Stuart Lubbock, who was found dead in Barrymore's swimming pool in 2001. (Sky)
- Lebanon prepares to bury anti-Syrian parliamentarian Walid Eido and nine others killed in yesterday's bombing, with a national day of mourning declared. (CNN)
- The Indian Airlines strike continues for a second day, causing continuing disruption to Indian aviation. (BBC)
- New Zealand condemns the expulsion of its High Commissioner to Fiji, Mike Green, by Frank Bainimarama's military government, which gave no reason for the expulsion. (BBC)
- Cuba introduces a United Nations resolution on Puerto Rico calling on the United States to expedite Puerto Rico's self-determination process the text also requests the General Assembly to consider the question and urges cleanup of Vieques island and release of Puerto Rican political prisoners. (UN)
- Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins wins the Hart Memorial Trophy as the National Hockey League's most valuable player during the 2006ndash07 season in the annual NHL awards. (TSN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?