Saturday 14 June 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Get Smart, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2008 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 June
- The space shuttle Discovery returns to Earth after a 14-day mission, landing at Cape Canaveral, Florida. Among the returning is Garrett Reisman, after 95 days in space.
- A 6.9 magnitude earthquake in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, kills 12 and injures more than 400.
- Argentine police arrest farm leader Alfredo de Angeli and 14 other farmers in an order to end the farmers strike. (Bloomberg)
- Condoleezza Rice, the United States Secretary of State, criticises a planned expansion of Israeli housing in East Jerusalem as ampquotnot helpfulampquot to the Middle East peace process. (AP via Google News)
- The Space Shuttle Discovery lands having successfully completed mission STS-124. (NASA)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush and the President of France Nicolas Sarkozy warn Syria to break with Iran and state that they will not allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons. (AFP via Google News)
- A fire breaks out at Campsfield House, a privately run Immigration detention Centre near Oxford in the United Kingdom. (BBC News)
- The magnitude 6.8 Mampsubampwamp/subamp 2008 Iwate Earthquake shakes Iwate and Miyagi Prefectures on Japan's main island of Honshū, killing at least 6 people and injuring at least 8 others. (AP via Forbes)
- The French Defense Ministry announces France is increasing its military presence in Djibouti following border clashes with Eritrea. France has a mutual defense agreement with Djibouti. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?