Sunday 14 June 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Public Enemies, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2009 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 June
- Europe's first death from H1N1 is reported in Paisley, Scotland. (''The Irish Times'')
- Around 170 people are arrested in Iran in connection with the post-election protests and street riots in Tehran. (RTÉ)
- At least seven people are killed and 50 injured by a bomb blast in Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. (BBC)
- ''Jodhaa Akbar'' wins the prize for best film at the Tenth International Indian Film Academy Awards held in Macau, China. (BBC)
- Seven Germans, one Briton and a South Korean are captured by Shia rebels in Sa'dah, Yemen. (RTÉ)
- President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko refuses to attend the Collective Security Treaty Organisation summit in Moscow after Russia's ban of Belarusian milk and dairy imports. (Reuters)
- United Nations barges carrying aid and their Sudanese People's Liberation Army escort are attacked by tribesmen on the Sobat River, Sudan. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Israel Binyamin Netanyahu states he can visualise a Palestinian state, under certain conditions. (Full Transcript, Jerusalem Post)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?