Tuesday 14 June 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2011 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 June
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Security forces widen an operation in the north of the country as part of a crackdown on protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Iraq war:
- ''Time Magazine'' reports that a Federal Grand Jury is investigating claims of war crimes and torture by the US Central Intelligence Agency at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison in 2003. (''Time Magazine'')
- A series of attacks on the town of Baquba result in at least seven deaths and 17 injuries. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Canada recognises the rebel National Transitional Council of Libya as the country's legitimate government with the Canadian House of Commons voting to extend its mission in Libya by three and a half months. (CBC)
- Pakistan's Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence has arrested Central Intelligence Agency informants who contributed to the raid on Osama bin Laden. (''New York Times'')
- A new diary by Che Guevara of his time fighting in the Cuban Revolution between 1956 and 1958 is published. (''The Guardian'')
- Gaza's unemployment rate was among the world's highest, at 45.2% in late 2010 according to the UN. (BBC)
- Air Canada services face disruption as customer service agents affiliated with the Canadian Auto Workers start a strike. (''Financial Post'')
- Airspace restrictions are in place in East Africa after the Nabro Volcano erupts in Eritrea. (Al Jazeera)
- An elderly man dies following aftershocks to the 2011 Christchurch earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, with additional buildings to be demolished. (TV New Zealand)
- At least two people die as a building collapses in Nairobi, Kenya. (Capital FM)
- The first child dies during the 2011 E. coli O104:H4 outbreak in Germany with a total of 36 deaths in Germany and one in Sweden. (Xinhua)
- Arizona fires
- Small communities near the US town of Sierra Vista, Arizona are evacuated due to a wildfire that started in Coronado National Memorial. (''Arizona Daily Star'')
- The Wallow Fire becomes the largest wildfire in Arizona history. (Incident Information)
- The United Nations declares Nepal free of land mine fields after the last remaining land mine is destroyed. (AP)
- The United States issues a terrorist-related travel warning for the Philippines. (CNN)
- In the first case of its kind to be heard in the United Kingdom, a former juror who admitted contacting a defendant via Facebook has been convicted of contempt of court. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?