Thursday 14 June 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gravity Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bloodforge or Cytus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 14 June 2012 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 June
- Arab Spring:
- Tunisian authorities ban protests planned for Friday. (BBC)
- Egypt's supreme court calls for the dissolution of the lower house of parliament and for fresh elections after ruling that last year's parliamentary vote was unconstitutional. (BBC)
- Mexican Drug War: Víctor Manuel Báez Chino, a journalist for the Mexican newspaper ''Milenio'', is found dead after being kidnapped in the coastal state of Veracruz. (''Milenio'')
- Violent protests demanding election reform in Togo enter into a third day. (BBC)
- Indonesian police kill separatist leader Mako Tabuni, causing violent protests. (BBC)
- The U.S. military expands its secret network of air bases across Africa, according to reports in the U.S. media. (''Washington Post'')
- Westlife singer Shane Filan is declared bankrupt. (BBC)
- German deputy finance minister Steffen Kampeter rejects calls to pool European debt, saying ampquotdebt is a national responsibility.ampquot (BBC)
- Nokia announces it will cut 10,000 jobs. (BBC)
- Coca-Cola says that it will start doing business in Burma after sixty years as soon as the U.S. government issues a license allowing American companies to make such investments. (''The Washington Times'')
- An explosion at a government-owned steel plant in Visakhapatnam, India kills 11 and severely injures 16 others. (BBC)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says that the Supreme leader of North Korea Kim Jong-un ampquothas a choice to makeampquot about the country's current policies. (CNN)
- José Treviño Morales, an alleged money launderer of the Mexican criminal group Los Zetas and a prominent quarter horse racer in the U.S., is arrested in Lexington, Oklahoma. (ESPN)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron appears before the Leveson Inquiry. The hearing is told of his relationship with former News International Chief Executive Rebekah Brooks, while he says his decision to appoint Andy Coulson as his Director of Communications will haunt him. (BBC)
- The UK Supreme Court dismisses a bid by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to reopen his appeal against extradition to Sweden over alleged sex crimes. (Al Jazeera)
- Mental health problems are no longer to be a bar to becoming an MP in the United Kingdom. (''The Guardian'')
- Photos of a woman forced to have an illegal abortion by Chinese authorities due to the country's One-Child Policy spark controversy. (BBC)
- Falklands War anniversary:
- A ceremony is held in the Falkland Islands capital Stanley to mark the 30th anniversary of the end of the Falklands War. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?