Monday 14 March 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Tarzan and the Golden Lion, directed by J.P. McGowan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 14 March 1927 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 March 1927 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
See other famous people born on 14 March
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1927?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Sinclair Lewis -- Mar. 14, 1927
- Science: Science vol. 65 issue 1680
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Senator James A. Reed -- Mar. 7, 1927
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Sinclair Lewis’ world-famous satire of religious hypocrisy and the excesses of the Roaring ʼ20s. Universally recognized as a landmark in American literature, Elmer Gantry scandalized readers when it was first published, causing Sinclair Lewis to be “invited” to a jail ...
1927. Although his first book was about English romance, Newton Booth Tarkington, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams, came to be known for his comical (and almost cynical) style of the Lost Generation that ...
1927. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
Set in England in the 1920's the story is about a father's love, devotion and sacrifice for his beloved son. Captain Sorrell returns from the war to find his wife has left him with sole responsibility for their son Kit.
Tell the world why 14 March 1927 is such a special date for you!