Tuesday 14 March 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Quincy Jones Jr in Chicago and Sir Michael Caine.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1933 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Quincy Jones Jr in Chicago: Illinois, USA; jazz and R&B producer/composer/singer ("We Are The World").
- Sir Michael Caine: British actor.
- Rene Felber: former member of the Swiss Federal Council.
- Michael Caine: British actor, on-screen from 1956 playing second leads for years before his international appeal was recognized after 1965 and he reached top box-office stardom.
- Quincy Jones: American musician, a prolific, protean talent as a composer, arranger, conductor and instrumentalist.
- Gavin Laird: Scottish trade unionist, who became General-Secretary of the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union (AEEU) and a Member of the Court of the Bank of England.
- René Felber: Swiss politician
- Balto: Siberian Husky noted for his role in the 1925 serum run to Nome (Born 1919).
- Civilian Conservation Corp begins tree conservation.
- Winston Churchill wants to boost air defense
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?