Wednesday 14 March 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Scott and Eugene A Cernan in Chicago.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1934 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Shirley Scott: Swing / blues Organist (with Stanley Turrentine).
- Eugene A Cernan in Chicago: Illinois, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 9, Apollo 10, 17).
- Gene Cernan: American astronaut and jet pilot, the second man to walk in space as the commander of Apollo 17.
- Dionigi Tettamanzi: Italian writer and ecclesiastic, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Rome.
- Eugene Cernan: Chicago Military man.
- Paul Rader: American 15th General of The Salvation Army
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?