Wednesday 14 March 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1934 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Gene Cernan: American astronaut and jet pilot, the second man to walk in space as the commander of Apollo 17.
- Eugene A Cernan in Chicago: Illinois, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 9, Apollo 10, 17).
- Eugene Cernan: Chicago Military man.
- Dionigi Tettamanzi: Italian writer and ecclesiastic, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Rome.
- Paul Rader: American 15th General of The Salvation Army.
- Shirley Scott: Swing / blues Organist (with Stanley Turrentine)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?