Friday 14 March 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Egg and I, directed by Chester Erskine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1947 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Billy Crystal in Long Beach: New York, USA; actor/comedian (Soap, Saturday Night Live, City Slickers, When Harry Met Sally).
- Jan [AJ]: te Veldhuis; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Ishbell Davidson: Scottish-Canadian petty criminal.
- William J Jefferson: American politician.
- Janis Schmitt: St. Louis, Missouri -- Playmate (February, 1978).
- Pam Ayres: British poet and comedienne, a raconteur and poet who made a debut on radio in Autumn 1974. A loner at school, she worked continually to get her work before the public, once distributing her own pamphlet of verse and selling 7,000 copies. By 1975 she was working in an office and writing at night when she got her start in TV by winning a talent show, "Opportunity Knocks." On 2/13/1976, she quit her day job to concentrate on her writing, continually polishing her work for the next 20 years.
- Roy Budd: English jazz pianist / Composer (Paper Tiger), dies at 46
- William Jefferson: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Louisiana).
- Jona Lewie: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Terry Dactyl and the Dinosaurs and Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts)
- Peter Skellern: British entertainer known for his love songs that fused classical with popular ballads on record. Skellern was noted for his successful song "You're A Lady," released in October 1972, a TV scriptwriter and in 1983, a TV talk show host.
- Gianni Bella: Italian musician, singer-songwriter, and brother of Marcella Bbella. On 15 January 2010 he suffered a stroke and subsequently lost his speech and the use of a leg.
- Thomas Batiuk: American cartoonist, the creator of "Funky Winterbean."
- The River Thames overruns its banks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 March 1947 and get them!