Wednesday 14 March 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1951 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Guy Carcassonne: French jurist, specializing in constitutional law, professor for public law at the university Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense.
- Lynn Rodden: American model in her 20's and an executive secretary in film studios.
- Jerry Greenfield: American co-founder of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
- Zella Lehr: Country Singer.
- During Korean War, US / UN forces recapture Seoul
- Earthquake at Euskirchen, Germany.
- Korean War: For the second time, United Nations troops recapture Seoul.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - Sparrow In The Tree Top
- Would I Love You (Love You, Love You) - Doris Day (Harry James Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 March 1951 and get them!