Saturday 14 March 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Lili, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1953 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Tim McKee: United States -- 400m medley swimmer (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Nick Keir: Scottish singer-songwriter (The McCalmans) (d. 2013).
- Klement Gottwald: Czech president, one of the organizers of the Communist Party in Czechoslovakia, a despot.
- KOLR TV channel 10 in Springfield, MO (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Nikita Khrushchev succeeds Malenkov as Secretary of Soviet Communist Party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?