Friday 14 March 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert and Bruno Dumont.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't by Elvis Presley.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
South Pacific, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1958 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Albert: Monaco royalty, who ascended to the the throne on July 12, 2005 in a ceremony scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM local time.
- Bruno Dumont: French film director and screenwriter.
- Claire Clancy: English civil servant.
- Albert II: Prince of Monaco.
- Francine Stock: English journalist and author.
- Eugeen Van de Velde: Flemish musicologist/critic/composer, dies at age 64.
- Recording Industry Association of American created
- South Africa government disallows African National Congress.
- RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) is created and certifies first gold record (Perry Como's "Catch A Falling Star").
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?