Tuesday 14 March 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russell Todd and Penny Johnson Jerald.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The AbsentMinded Professor, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hotel Victoria.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1961 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Russell Todd: Actor (Jamie Frame-Another World).
- Penny Johnson Jerald: American actress.
- Grigoriy Kornev: Russian speed walker (world record 5 km).
- Gary Dell'Abate in Uniondale: Long Island, New York, USA; producer (Howard Stern Show, Private Parts).
- Penny Johnson: TV Actress.
- Greg Anderson: American race car driver
- Gary Dell'Abate: American actor and producer
- Penny Jerald: American actress
- Mike Lazaridis: Turkish Canadian businessman and philanthropist founded BlackBerry Limited
- Hiro Matsushita: Japanese race car driver
- Rey Washam: American drummer (Scratch Acid The Didjits Big Boys and Rapeman)
- Akiba Rubinstein: Polish chess player (opening theorist), dies at age 78.
- George Weiss becomes president of New York Mets.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?