Tuesday 14 March 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa Brennan Reeves in Eatontown and Edward M Fincke in Pittsburgh.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Penny Lane by The Beatles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1967 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Melissa Brennan Reeves in Eatontown: New Jersey, USA; actress (Jennifer - Days of Our Lives).
- Edward M Fincke in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; Captain US Air Force/astronaut.
- Philippe Poutou: French far left political figure and trade unionist, and worker in a car factory.
- Melissa Reeves: American actress.
- 1st NFL-AFL common draft, Baltimore Colts pick Bubba Smith
- The late US President John Kennedy's body moved from temporary grave to a permanent memorial.
- The body of President John F. Kennedy is moved to a permanent burial place at Arlington National Cemetery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?