Sunday 14 March 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Elizabeth Ulmer in Auckland and Brian Quinn.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) by The Four Seasons.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
The Image, directed by Radley Metzger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Izgori, za da svetish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blockade or Datsun 280 ZZZAP.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1976!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1976 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Sarah Elizabeth Ulmer in Auckland: New Zealand; 3k independent pursuit cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Brian Quinn: Comedian.
- Daniel Gillies: Canadian born New Zealand actor.
- Merlin Santana: American actor (Born 1976).
- Jockey Bill Shoemaker wins his 7,000th race.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- After eight years on NBC, ''The Wizard of Oz'' returns to CBS, where it will remain for the next twenty-two years, setting what was likely then a record for the most telecasts of a Hollywood film on a commercial television network. That record will finally be broken by ''The Ten Commandments'', which began its annual network telecasts on ABC in 1973 and is still (2012) telecast by that network.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Eric Carmen - All By Myself
- The Miracles - Love Machine (Part 1)
- Eagles - Take It To The Limit
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- Nazareth - Love Hurts
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Junk Food Junkie (Live) - Larry Groce
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?