Wednesday 14 March 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK 99 Red Balloons by Nena was in the top 5 hits.
Splash, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1984!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1984 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Aric Almirola: American race car driver.
- Paolo Contis: Filipino actor.
- Liesel Simmons: American actress.
- Liesel Matthews: American former child actress.
- Challenger moves to Vandenberg AFB for mating of STS 41-C mission
- Gerry Adams, head of Sinn Fein, is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in central Belfast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Michael Jackson - Thriller
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- John Lennon - Nobody Told Me
- Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?