Tuesday 14 March 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oliver Bernsen and Colby O'Donis.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Astyanax or Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1989 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Oliver Bernsen: American noted family, the son of Corbin Bernsen and his wife, actress Amanda Pays.
- Colby O'Donis: American musician.
- Kevin Lacroix: Canadian race car driver.
- U.S. President George H. W. Bush bans the importation of certain guns deemed assault weapons into the United States.
- Stack's auctions a $1000 US Treasury note for US$100,000, a record price for paper money.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?