Monday 14 March 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chandragupta Maurya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit or Cannon Fodder 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 March 2011 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 March
- Arab Spring
- Rebels in Libya say they have recaptured the town of Brega from government forces. (BBC)
- Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi capture the town of Zuwara one of the last remaining rebel towns in western Libya. (''West Australian'' via Yahoo News)
- Air strikes take place in the Libyan town of Ajdabiya. (Reuters)
- Forces from the Gulf Cooperation Councilndashincluding 1,000 Saudi troopsndasharrive in Bahrain amid continuing protests. (Daily India)
- The United States warns Gulf states to respect the rights of the Bahraini people. (NineMSN)
- Police break up a pro-reform protest in Morocco, resulting in several injuries. (Reuters)
- The Indian Navy captures 61 pirates on a Mozambiquan fishing vessel in the Arabian Sea. (AP via Fox News)
- A U.S. missile strike kills three Pakistani militants operating close to the Afghanistan border. (AP)
- A suicide bomber kills at least eight members of the Iraqi Army in Diyala Province. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- The Obama administration holds the first of five meetings that eventually lead to Operation Neptune Spear, which caused the Death of Osama bin Laden. (''Washington Post'')
- US comedian Gilbert Gottfried is fired from doing voiceover work as the AFLAC duck for making a number of tasteless posts on the Japanese earthquake on the Twitter social network. (AP via Yahoo News)
- Rock and roll musicians including Dr. John, Darlene Love, Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper and Tom Waits are inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The hacker group Anonymous releases e-mails obtained from the Bank of America. (Reuters)
- The Tokyo Stock Exchange falls more than five per cent in opening trade in the first day of trading since the 2011 Sendai earthquake. (''The Australian'')
- China adopts a new 5-year plan which aims to boost spending on public services, decrease economic inequality, and increase employment and wages. (Xinhua)
- The French carmaker Renault apologises to three executives accused of industrial espionage after no credible evidence was found to substantiate the claims. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami
- The Tokyo Electric Power Company announces rolling blackouts caused by the 2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami in northern Japan. (Japan Today)
- A new tsunami warning is issued and then cancelled. (AAP via News Limited)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?