Wednesday 14 March 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 14 March 2012 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 March
- 2011-2012 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian Army captures the former rebel held city of Idlib. (CNN)
- Amnesty International releases a report detailing wide scale abuse and torture of prisoners held by the Syrian government. (CBS)
- Leon Panetta, the United States Secretary of Defense, arrives in Afghanistan to attempt to placate anger over the Kandahar massacre. (CNN)
- The soldier allegedly responsible is removed from Afghanistan to Kuwait. (Voice of America)
- More than 10,000 Peruvian illegal gold miners clash with police in an attempt to gain control over the regional capital Puerto Maldonado. (AP via Google News)
- The United Kingdom towns of Chelmsford, Perth and St Asaph are awarded city status to mark the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II. (BBC)
- Unemployment in the United Kingdom reaches 2.67 million, the most people since 1995. (Office for National Statistics)
- Tropical Cyclone Lua heads towards Western Australia's Pilbara region. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- The death toll from the sinking of a ferry in Bangladesh rises to 110 with at least 61 others missing. (AP)
- A magnitude 6.8 earthquake occurs off the coast of Japan causing a small tsunami that hits the coast of Aomori prefecture on the island of Hokkaido. (AFP via News Limited)
- The Belgian parents of children killed in a bus crash yesterday travel to Switzerland to identify the bodies. (Reuters)
- Authorities in Azerbaijan arrest 22 people for allegedly spying for Iran's Revolutionary Guards. (BBC)
- The International Criminal Court in the Hague delivers a verdict of guilty in the case of Thomas Lubanga Dyilo of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on war crimes charges. (Reuters)
- An American jury finds Virginia Tech guilty of negligence for delaying a campus warning about the massacre of 33 students in 2007. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- Iran's Islamic Consultative Assembly starts questioning the President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on his handling of the economy. (Ynet News)
- Dereck Chisora loses his British Boxing Board of Control license indefinitely following a clash with fellow boxer David Haye after his bout with World Boxing Council champion Vitali Klitschko in February. (BBC)
- In basketball, Mike D'Antoni resigns as the coach of the New York Knicks. (''New York Post'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 March 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?