Monday 14 May 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billie Dove [Lilian Bohny] and Cesare Polacco.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1900!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1900 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Billie Dove [Lilian Bohny]: NYC, New York -- Actress (Black Pirate, Stolen Bride).
- Cesare Polacco: Italian actor from age 19 in commercials, moving into stage and TV.
- Hal Borland: American journalist and author (d. 1978).
- Walter Rehberg: Swiss concert pianist, composer and writer (d. 1957).
- Leo Smit: Dutch pianist and composer (d. 1943).
- Edgar Wind: German-English historian author and academic (d. 1971)
- Second Boer War: The British Army relieves the Siege of Mafeking.
- Boxer Rebellion: Boxers destroy three villages near Peking and kill sixty Chinese Christians.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1900?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?