Monday 14 May 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Flavin and Hastings Kamuzu.
El pechador, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1906!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1906 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- James Flavin: Portland, Maine -- Actor (Man With a Camera).
- Hastings Kamuzu: Banda President of Malawi (1964-94).
- André Glory: French archaeologist who studied the prehistoric caves at Lascaux.
- Pierre Lamelin: France Scientist.
- Georges Balans: Bordeaux physician.
- Flagpole at the Chicago White Sox ballpark breaks during pennant-raising.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- So Long, Mary - Ada Jones
- St. Louis Tickle - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?