Wednesday 14 May 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1913!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1913 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- Washingston Senator Walter Johnson ends record scorless streak at 56 innings
- French Hals museum opens in Harleem Netherlands.
- New York Governor William Sulzer approves the charter for the Rockefeller Foundation, which begins operations with a $100 million donation from John D. Rockefeller.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight - Haydn Quartet
- When the Midnight Choo-Choo Leaves for Alabam' - Victor Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?