Saturday 14 May 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Bricaire and Arve Opsahl.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1921 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Jean-Jacques Bricaire: French playwright.
- Arve Opsahl: Norwegian movie and stage actor, singer, and stand-up comedian.
- Fernand Criqui: Straabourg Writer.
- Richard Deacon: American actor and singer (d. 1984).
- Florence Allen is 1st woman judge to sentence a man to death
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?