Monday 14 May 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Arbus [Nemerov] in New York City and François-Jean Armorin.
The White Rose, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1923 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Diane Arbus [Nemerov] in New York City: New York, USA; photographer (Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Nudists).
- François-Jean Armorin: French war correspondent, journalist and writer.
- Antoine Hurel: Colombiers EXecutives.
- Adnan Pachachi: Iraqi politician Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Mrinal Sen: Bangladeshi-Indian director producer and screenwriter.
- Charles de Freycinet: Prime Minister of France (Born 1828).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tiger Rag - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Faded Love Letters - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?