Monday 14 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1928 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Jack Ralite: Chélons sur Marne Politician.
- Pierre Guy: Bazouges EXecutives.
- : American singer (The Coasters and The Cadets) (d. 2000).
- Frederik Kreuger: Dutch engineer author and academic (d. 2015).
- Brian Macdonald: Canadian dancer and choreographer (d. 2014).
- Che Guevara: Argentinean revolutionary who led guerrilla groups with the aid of Fidel Castro in their attempt to spread communism in South America and Africa. He has been immortalized in posters, books and plays as an egalitarian hero of the Communist movement.
- Will ''Dub'' Jones: American singer (The Coasters) (d. 2000)
- Frederik H Kreuger: Dutch scientist and inventor
- Rene Thomas: Belgian geneticist who was awarded the Franqui Prize in 1975.
- John McGraw is knocked down by a taxicab and suffers a broken leg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?