Tuesday 14 May 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1929 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Barbara Branden: Canadian-American author (d. 2013).
- Henry McGee: British actor, straight man to Benny Hill (d. 2006).
- Gump Worsley: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1929).
- Vladimir Antoshin: in USSR; International Chess Grandmaster (1964).
- Lorne Worsley: Canadian hockey player, a goalie who won the Vezina trophy twice and the Calder trophy in 1953.
- Wilfred Rhodes takes his 4000th first-class wicket during a performance of 9 for 39 at Leyton; he is the only player in history to have reached that plateau.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?