Monday 14 May 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederik von Pallandt and Sian Phillips.
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1934 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Frederik von Pallandt: Singer.
- Sian Phillips: Welsh actress.
- William Adams: American merchandise marketing executive in the flooring tile and insulation business, CEO with Armstrong World Industries.
- Grady Gaines: American electric blues, Texas blues and jazz blues tenor saxophonist, who performed and recorded with Little Richard in the 1950s.
- Claude Gubler: French physician, the doctor to President Mitterrand.
- Pascal Jardin: French writer and the father of writer Alexandre Jardin. His novels include "Toupie in Rage, 1972 and "Vichy Boyhood: an Inside View of the Pétain Regime," 1975.
- Forrest Moses: American artist, a painter and photographer living in New Mexico. His landscapes are painted primarily in oils. He earned his bachelor's degree in fine art in 1956 and an advanced degree in 1961. He worked as an interior designer while expanding his artistic expression to ceramics and furniture-making. In 1965 he committed himself to painting, moving to New Mexico in 1969. He derivies his inspiration from contemplation and observation of nature.
- Lou Criger: American baseball player and manager (d. 1934).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?