Sunday 14 May 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Blum and Mark Blum in Newark.
Caged, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1950 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Mark Blum: Newark, New Jersey -- Actor (Worth Winning, Blind Date, Presidio).
- Mark Blum in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Worth Winning, Blind Date, The Presidio).
- Adolfo Dominguez: Spanish fashion designer.
- Bertrand Badie: French political scientist specializing in international relations.
- Dona George: American songwriter whose albums include "I Want to Sing You a Love Song," written with Kenny Loggins, with whom she was a couple for some 15 years.
- Pitts Johnny Hopp goes 6 for 6 including 2 HRs
- The Huntsville Times runs the headline, quot''Dr. von Braun Says Rocket Flights Possible to Moon.''quot
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?