Thursday 14 May 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Young Bess, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1953 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Bill Meek: Upland, Pennsylvania -- Prone rifle (1996 Olympics - 8th Place).
- Tom Cochrane in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; rock vocalist/guitarist (Red Rider).
- Bill Meek in Upland: Pennsylvania, USA; prone rifle (Olympics-1996).
- John Rutsey: Canadian drummer (Rush) (d. 2008).
- Norodom Sihamoni : Current reigning King of Cambodia since 29 October 2004.
- Tom Cochrane: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Red Rider)
- Norodom Sihamoni: King of Cambodia
- Hywel Williams: Welsh politician
- Yasuo Kuniyoshi: Japanese-American painter and photographer (d. 1953).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?