Tuesday 14 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1957 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Daniela Dessì: Italian soprano.
- Linda Tracy: Canadian broadcast journalist, documentary filmmaker, writer, and exotic dancer.
- William G Gregory in Lockport: New York, USA; Major US Air Force/Astronaut (STS 67).
- Big Van Vader (born Leon White): American professional wrestler.
- Big Van Vader: American wrestler and actor.
- Michel Cymes: French physician of Jewish Polish descent, ENT specialist, and radio-TV presenter ("Le Magazine de la Santé", "Allô Docteurs", with Marina Carrère d'Encausse, and "Les pouvoirs extraordinaires du corps humain" with Adriana Karembeu).
- Marie Vassilieff: Russian-French painter (d. 1957).
- New Girt in Town opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 432 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?