Tuesday 14 May 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Twister, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1996 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:14 May
- New York Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden no-hits Seattle Mariners 2-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- SWV - You're The One
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?