Monday 14 November 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Gaucho, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1927 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Narciso Yepes in Lorca: Spain; guitarist (Orquesta Nacionale 1947).
- Renato Perona: Italian professional bicyclist, winner of the Gold Medal at the London Olympics in 1948.
- McLean Stevenson: American actor, nominated for three successive Emmy’s, and winner of a Golden Globe in 1973.
- Lawrie Barratt: English businessman founded Barratt Developments (d. 2012).
- Bart Cummings: Australian horse trainer (d. 2015).
- Narciso Yepes: Spanish guitarist and composer (d. 1997)
- Worlds largest gas tank in Pittsburgh Penn explodes; 28 die
- The Pittsburgh Gasometer Explosion: Three ''Equitable Gas'' storage tanks in the North Side of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania explode, killing 26 people and causing damage estimated between $4.0 million and $5.0 million.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?