Thursday 14 November 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Show of Shows, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1929 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Shirley Crabtree: aka Big Daddy, professional wrestler (d. 1997).
- Jimmy Piersall: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Paul Chantrel: Wissous EXecutives.
- Horst Janssen: Graphic Artist.
- McLean Stevenson in Normal: Illinois, USA; actor (M*A*S*H, Hello Larry).
- Joseph McGinnity: baseball pitcher (New York Giants), dies at age 58.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?